Thursday, February 11, 2010

COOKIE RECIPE!

I got this recipe from The Food Network, but, the cookies are amazing! I tweak them a little myself.
In some batches I substitute the whole bag if chocolate chips for 1/2 bag (12 oz bag) of peanut butter chips and 1/2 bag (12 oz bag) of milk chocolate chips and a few marshmallows.
For regular chocolate chips cookies, I use 1/2 bag (12 oz bag) of Milk Chocolate Chips, and, 1/2 bag (12 oz bag) of Mini Semi-sweet chocolate chips.
I have also used 1/2 bag (12 oz bag) of Milk chocolate M&M's and 1/2 bag (12 oz bag) of milk chocolate chips.

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (I use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter)
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup of sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 oz of chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk chocolate, etc.)
2 1/4 cups all- purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon fine salt

Pre heat your oven to 375 degrees F. Set up two baking sheets lined with parchment paper.

Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl, covered. Cool slightly.

Whisk the sugars, eggs, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. In a separate bowl, whick the flour, baking soda, and salt together. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, do not over mix. (The original says with a wooden spoon)

Stir in the chocolate chips, chunks, or, whatever you are putting in the cookies.

Scoop heaping tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared pans. I usually scoop the dough into my hands, and, I make them into balls (this way they come out to be beautiful, round cookies).

Bake the cookies until golden, but, still soft - about 12 to 16 minutes. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack.

Serve.

These are SO good! I highly recommend these cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment